Work for usThink you have what it takes to work for a leading Internet Marketing Agency? Here at blueGEEK, we are always on the lookout for bright new talent. We’re recruiting for the following roles:
We connect businesses with their target audiences daily. We do this by providing the right content for different audiences depending on their buying stage. We believe great content should be valuable, compelling and naturally attract the right audience. We’re currently serving clients in 10+ markets and growing fast! We are now looking for a new member to the Content creation and management team.
This new team member will be responsible for guiding and contributing to marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. The new team member should have excellent writing skills, be well organised, creative and have the ability to work to deadlines.
The Web Content Manager’s responsibility includes but is not limited to,
- meeting with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and appearance to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Maintain best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to measure content effectiveness.
- Research and produce content material such as text, for images and multimedia – for publication on the website.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing and publishing,
The type of content you might work on could vary widely but some examples include:
- e-commerce, such as online shopping or retail catalogues, local, national and international news reports
- social media content
- college and university websites
- online public information and government services.
- Political campaigns and websites
Experience, Education and Skill Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Trained as a print or broadcast journalist and has a keen eye for the story. Trained in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
- The ability to lead and inspire teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company’s stated goals.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Have clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the go.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (PowerPoint)
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
- Comfortable with acting as the company’s spokesman and advocate via media appearances, interviews, trade shows, exhibitions, etc.